Preferably full time, permanent position. May consider contract or contract to hire.
Sorry, cannot sponsor H1bs at this time.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
As a Senior Tester, you will work in a highly Agile-based environment performing manual and automated testing on complex, cloud-based (AWS) services and software. You will work in a Continuous Integration / Continuous Development environment testing enterprise level solutions.
Preferred Qualifications: (bonus points for any additional skills you have)
- 6 years’ experience designing, implementing, and conducting test and evaluation procedures to validate requirements.
- 6 years’ experience developing and maintaining test cases and test scripts; both manual and automated for all testing phases of a software development lifecycle (i.e. interface testing, cycle testing, reports testing, end-user testing, security testing, performance testing, load testing, business continuity testing, and disaster recovery testing)
- 6 years’ experience using quality assurance principles, methods, and techniques for developing testing deliverables such as Master Test Plans for large-scale IT projects
- 6 years’ experience creating, reviewing, and delivering test reports and test metrics to project stakeholders
- 6 years’ experience supporting user acceptance testing (UAT), creating exit/entry criteria, and assisting UAT end users in creating their test plans
- 6 years participating in issue/risk management to support assessments and mitigation strategies
- Must have experience in the development of business, technical, and administrative requirements for a project.
- Must be able to analyze data and situations, identify and solve problems, reason logically, draw valid conclusions, and develop effective solutions and test plans.
- Must be able to apply creative thinking in the design of effective and efficient methods for testing requirements.
- Must be able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
- Must be able to work independently or in teams.
- Must communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a variety of audience types using different communication channels including informal updates, formal presentations, formal status reports, business case documents, and other analytical and technical documents (writing sample will be required)
- Advanced working knowledge of PC and related software applications (proficient with MS Office, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Bachelor degree is required for this position
About Strategic IT Staffing
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum or Agile Kanban environment
- Experience working in a Continuous Integration and Continuous Development (CI/CD) environment
- Experience with the following technologies:
- AWS or Cloud-Hosted solutions
- Jira ServiceDesk
- Jira Test Manager
With 20 years of staffing experience in the technical information field, Strategic IT Staffing knows the industry well from the most rewarding jobs available to the hottest career choices to make. In addition, we are owned and operated by industry experts who have worked in the information arena for over two decades. When you choose to work through Strategic IT Staffing, you choose a team approach to employment. We match your career choice and skills with an employer who needs your knowledge and expertise. We make sure you are in control of your career. Strategic IT Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status