Perm/Direct Hire ($110-125K+)
Georgetown, TX area
The Information Technology Director is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT functions for the business platform. This includes directing all IT operations to meet customer requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions to enable the business to grow and improve performance.
The IT Director is a key member and partner with business unit leaders and supports multiple functional areas.
- Analyzes complex business needs presented by the user community and/or clients and recommends technical solutions.
- Ensures the consistency and reliability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for support, changes and improvements.
- Directs the IT network specialists and support techs to ensure the highest standards of network and data security and service levels.
- Leads the IT team to instill a strong culture of support towards the business goals.
- Champion of continuous improvement efforts to improve process and efficiencies in all work streams of the business.
- Conduct IT Steering Committee review to organize and gain alignment on priorities for the IT department.
- Build a strong IT team designed to efficiently support the future needs of the business.
- Develop and manage the IT annual budget with a focus on productivity improvements versus end of life replacement.
- Manage IT projects with detailed time lines and implement effective project controls to ensure successful project delivery.
- Organizes and leads the process to evaluate all hardware and software decisions and maintains vendor contracts for IT.
- Perform liaison duties between users, operations, and programming personnel in the areas of systems design, modifications or trouble shooting.
- Responsible for consolidating/integrating IT support functions for acquisitions when they occur.
- First Assignment:
- (A) Define the vision for process capabilities and scalable delivery mechanisms for Voice, Data, Network and Applications necessary to support the needs of the business
- (B) Baseline the current process capabilities and delivery mechanisms
- (C) Provide the roadmap that gets us from B to A in a timely, cost-effective manner
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or related experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive leadership experience within information technology.
- Oracle experience REQUIRED, experience with EPICOR a plus
- Experience managing network infrastructure and help desk support required.
- Experience developing KPIs through dashboards
- RFID systems implementation a plus
- Leads and/or participates in special projects and assignments as required.
- Intermittent travel as required.
- Maintains the professional standards of the company.
- Appropriate certifications and technical experience including:
- Comp TIA A+
- VMware vSphere
- Azure Active Directory
- Windows 2012R2 – Windows 2016 server
- Help desk administration
- Network security
- Desktop management
About Strategic IT Staffing
With 20 years of staffing experience in the technical information field, Strategic IT Staffing knows the industry well from the most rewarding jobs available to the hottest career choices to make. In addition, we are owned and operated by industry experts who have worked in the information arena for over two decades. When you choose to work through Strategic IT Staffing, you choose a team approach to employment. We match your career choice and skills with an employer who needs your knowledge and expertise. We make sure you are in control of your career. Strategic IT Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status