|Job Title: Clinical System Application Analyst
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Type: Full Time
- Respond to client inquiries concerning clinical systems operation and diagnose system hardware, software, and user issues.
- Provide second-level technical support for issues related to clinical applications.
- Investigate and resolve issues related to the EHR/EMR/Billing and other clinical applications.
- Navigate clinical application users through system functionalities and workflows.
- Administration of EHR/EMR and clinical application including user account management, training and maintenance.
- Investigate and resolve interface problems with other systems including practice management systems, lab, Pharmacy or other diagnostic systems.
- Instruct and educate users in the use of equipment, software, and manuals as related to EHR/EMR and other clinical applications.
- Implements new applications and systems as necessary, working collaboratively with other members in IT.
- Follows all policies and procedures related to security when handling confidential PHI.
- Follow approved escalation procedures and communicate with escalation parties.
- Identify, evaluate, and prioritize customer problems and complaints.
- Create knowledge documentation for end users and technical resources for IT.
- Provide on-going training for end users and creation of documentation.
- Manage the requestor’s expectations until the request is satisfied.
- Work on additional tasks and departmental projects as assigned.
- Demonstrate exemplary courtesy, respect, professionalism, communication skills, and teamwork.
- Maintain effective oral and written communication skills and a customer-focused attitude (e.g., correct, polite, helpful, and understanding).
- Following processes and procedures according to the work standards.
- Adaptability towards fast pace working environment.
- Ethics and Teamwork.
- Time Management and Prioritization.
- Technical skills and knowledge including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Internet applications, Windows Operating Systems.
- Knowledge in clinical solutions and clinical workflows in Varian Aria and Centricity a plus.
- Understanding of EHR and interfaces.
- Quality driven and attention to detail.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Technical writing.
- Training of staff.
Required Experience / Education:
- A minimum of 5 years of customer support experience.
- Previous experience with Clinical Application systems is preferred.
- Experience supporting applications in an integrated environment will be a plus.
- Knowledge of EHR/EMR (Varian) systems will be considered a strong advantage.
- Bachelor's Degree required with emphasis on health care informatics, computer science, computer network administration, information systems management or similar field required.
- 5+ years' experience working in a Medical Group Practice, ideally implementing applications and systems used in Medical Group Practices.
- Ability to travel to locations.
This company has several locations in the Metropolitan Atlanta area and specializes in Cancer Care and has been serving its patients for over 25 years.
About Strategic IT Staffing
With over 20 years of staffing experience in the technical information field, Strategic IT Staffing knows the industry well from the most rewarding jobs available to the hottest career choices to make. In addition, we are owned and operated by industry experts who have worked in the information arena for over two decades. When you choose to work through Strategic IT Staffing, you choose a team approach to employment. We match your career choice and skills with an employer who needs your knowledge and expertise. We make sure you are in control of your career. Strategic IT Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.